Get To Know the Team! Meet Louise
We're kick starting our Get to Know the Team feature, with our brilliant Junior Project Manager, Louise.
Jun 10th Uncategorised
Job Title: Junior Project Manager
1. Describe what you do in your role day to day.
I work closely with the other project managers and developers, helping to manage various projects and clients, whilst also looking after support issues.
2. What led you to a career in Project Management?
I joined UL on the 5th of August 2019 as a production assistant, similarly working very closely with the project managers and assisting in various different ways. Through this experience, I’ve grown in confidence and this has led to me taking on my own projects and progressing my career.
3. What do you love most about your job?
The people I work with. Such a great group of people with various different backgrounds and interests. We work really well together and always have a great laugh.
4. Describe working at Univers Labs in three words.
Entertaining, Unique, and Satisfying
5. Tell us something interesting about yourself.
My left eye is half blue, half brown. It’s a mutation called partial heterochromia.
6. What advice would you give to someone looking to get into Project Management?
Observe those that you work with within a management role, see how they deal with problems and how this pans out. Help out however you can and speak to those in management if you’re interested in progressing further.
7. What’s been your biggest achievement at Univers Labs so far?
The projects that have gone live during my time here. The first project I ever worked on was the Lancet Countdown and I was really proud when the site went live.
8. If you weren’t a Project Manager what would be your dream job?
I would love to be a Walt Disney Imagineer! They help create everything within the Walt Disney theme parks, such as the rides and theming, it would be such a great creative outlet.
9. What was your first-ever job?
My first ever job was as a part-time sales assistant in WHSmith on a Saturday when I was 17.
10. Draw a self-portrait!